Collectif Menswear Review

 Men, this one’s for you. 



I have been married for 5 years now and thankfully I found a man that appreciates vintage style as much as I do. Unfortunately, his fashion sense of putting clothing together isn’t his strong suit. That’s where I fill the role as his personal shopper. In my search to find vintage reproduction men’s clothing, I wasn't finding anything authentic enough. As much as I love the actual authentic vintage clothing, there is always the struggle of dealing with fragile fabric and stitching that may pop in no time. When you do find vintage clothing in perfect shape, then the price tag also comes with that. 


If you search “1950’s menswear”, most of the images will come up with the men wearing fabulous knit Sweaters. That is not a common authentic vintage item to find that a moth didn’t have dinner on. If you have found an authentic men’s knit sweater in great condition, kudos to you. I came across a site called ‘Collectif” that has loads of vintage reproduction products. (Ladies, they have clothing for you too.) I immediately ordered a shipment of knit sweaters for my husband and they arrived very quickly. 


I am very impressed with the quality. The problem with reproductions, is that you can always run into cheap material. But, these sweaters are not too thin and not too thick. Also, on the plus side, the knit is a soft material and not itchy at all. The designs are very true to authentic vintage menswear but also have a playful side to them. The knit sweaters run around $65 and I can say they are worth every penny. I’m even considering ordering one for myself. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey into Mid Century

Tonight's Feature Presentation: Rochelle's TV!